We are very pleased that 1,014 Iowa employers have responded to our 2016 Iowa Employer Benefits Study©! This number met our goal of having 1,000 organizations participate in our 18th annual survey. The results of this study will be available in late September.
To put this response into meaningful perspective, the 2015 Kaiser/HRET Employer Health Benefits Survey, a highly-regarded national survey, reported 584 respondents in the Midwest region that consists of 12 states (including Iowa). In other words, our survey has 74 percent more respondents — in just ONE state! This means that we are able to accurately report the specific benefits offered by Iowa employers using extremely credible data.
As we prepare to release our 18th Study, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The Overall Summary of the 2016 Iowa Employer Benefits Study© will be available for download from our website.
- Employers who participated in the 2016 Survey will be sent an invitation in late September to download this report using a specific pass code.
- Employers who did not participate in the 2016 Survey will be able to download this Overall Summary for a small fee.
We will also be updating our benchmarking program – Lindex® – allowing employers to compare their specific benefit offerings with other Iowa employers. Lindex® was developed with simplicity and intuitiveness in mind. In addition to learning how your benefits package compares with other Iowa organizations (using pertinent criteria such as employer size and industry), employers will be able to learn their individual Lindex® score and how their total benefits package compares to Iowa norms. There are some very sophisticated aspects about this benchmark program that will be extremely helpful to employers of all size and industry!
Our 2016 Iowa Employer Benefits Study© and/or Lindex® benchmarking program will be available for purchase in late September.
How can employers determine their Lindex® score?
You can either contact DPLB to learn more or visit with your authorized-benefits consultant to develop your Lindex score. If your consultant does not currently participate in the Lindex program, have them contact DPLB to learn how!
Please continue to visit our website to learn when our:
- 2016 Iowa Employer Benefits Study© is available for download
- Lindex® benchmark program has been updated with fresh 2016 survey data
An easy way to stay informed is to subscribe to this blog.